Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wedding invite



Wahoo my friend got married. Nice job dude. he also needed wedding invites. And I felt inclined to help. I was nervous at first because most of my art as you can see lacks the elegant qualities that many would want for a wedding invite. So I strained my brain tried to draw like roses and things but It ended up that I had no choice but to rely on my new found love of type to accomplish the task. I figured if my drawing skills lacked elegance then I'd have to try a medium that embodied elegance within it before I got to it. So I searched the web and found an elegant font and set to work. It was pretty rough working through my ideas being as i hadn't thought in this realm of design ever. But once i made the monogram this started to fall into place. I used it as a the background pattern and then it was just a matter of organizing the technical info to fit the elegant pattern. Thus the wedding invite was born. Yeah it may seem pretty average to most graphic designers but comparing it to the rest of my work I feel I grew a lot on this project because it was so far out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment