Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cool Websites I found & Why they are cool




So I was given the assignment in my Graphics Interface Design class to find some cool websites and critique them. Pretty sweet gig if you ask me cause for me that means I get to get some inspiration. I'm starting with this site:

http://www.vivascom.com.br/

This is a site that seems to be a design firm site in Brasil But I don't know Portugese so I can't promise you thats what it is. As you can see from the screen shot above it has so cool imagery that was given plenty of room to breathe which is something I personally like in websites landing page because it really sets the mood for the whole site. If the landing page is designed well it helps the whole site feel a little more designed which helps make up for those pages that have a lot of content and is sometimes harder to design. BUt that isn't really the thing that got me pumped on this page. What got me here was the use of animation in scrolling. THey had 2 layers of background that moved separately from each other giving it a parallax view which gives your screen a 3d feel almost. If designers give a good sense of depth to a web page it makes a ton of difference the content seems more organized and gives you the ability to have huge colorful things that dont steal or mess up your hierarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment